Wishing you all a very HAPPY DIWALI!!
The grand Indian festival of lights has arrived and feasting especially on sweets and desserts is a must. Every Diwali we love to offer someting new and unique to our guests. This time I had prepared this signature dessert from my aunt’s treasure of recipes, which all of my family members are extremely fond of. Puddings are usually condensed desserts prepared by steaming or using any binding agent like eggs which is a natural binding agent, gelatin or agar. However this recipe is purely made of chenna and milk with no such binding agent used. This Diwali indulge yourself with this yummy delight which you are going to love for sure.
Chhena / paneer ( cottage cheese) : 4 tbsp
Milk ( thickened ) : 2 cups
Coconut ( grated ) : 4 tbsp
Sugar : 1.5 to 2 tbsp
Breadcrumbs : 3-4 tsp or Semolina : 2 tsp
Dry fruits (cut into pieces) : almond, cashew, raisins ( as much you like )
Green Cardamom ( powdered ) : 3-4
Rose water ( optional ) : 1 tsp
- Thicken the milk on a low flame.
- Add sugar and stir for sometime till the sugar cooks well and mixes completely.
- Add coconut, chhena or paneer and mix.
- Add breadcrumbs, dry fruits and stir to mix well.
- Add cardamom powder to it, mix & turn off the flame.
- Pour the mixture into a closed container, sprinkle little more cardamom powder and steam it in a pressure cooker for 15-20 whistles.
- Switch off the flame, sprinkle some rose water on it and garnish with pieces of dry fruits.
- Cool it down & refrigerate, and serve whenever you wish to.
!! Shubh Deepawali !!