Smoothies are the easiest food to prepare on earth, healthy to the core, colourful, aromatic and can be made the way you like, whether you want to make it a hundred per cent natural one or you want to add artificial flavours, colours, sweeteners or dairy to it to enhance its’ taste and appeal. Smoothies are always soothing for me especially the ones made with fruits and only fruits without any food additive. I like to combine fruits of my choice so that they complement each other in terms of their colour, flavour or consistency. For me, it has to be an out and out natural one without having to add any other artificial ingredient.
I just made this particular smoothie few days ago in a hurry after I came back home with some fresh fruits from the market. Seeing the freshness and appeal of my fruits and on seeing the fresh & pink supple strawberries lying in the fridge that my brother had brought for me from Shillong, I just could not stop myself from preparing this lovely drink. The pink strawberries gave a nice pink tinge to my drink supplemented with other fruits like Cape Gooseberries (rasbhari), apples, bananas, grapes and dates.
You may go ahead with the simple recipe for this smoothie as below. Make yourself a glass of this drink to refresh your soul and body.
i) Fresh fruits:
- Strawberries: 3-4
- Banana: 2 ripened
- Apple: 1-2
- Grapes (Green and black): 10-15
- Rasbhari (cape gooseberries) : 3-4
- Dates: 1/2 cup
ii) Plain Yogurt (optional) : 1 cup
iii) Honey (optional) : 1 tsp or as per your requirement.
iv) Water (if required)
v) Dry fruits: Chopped walnuts/cashews/almond (optional for topping)
- Peel off the bananas and apples. Cut all the fruits into pieces and remove the seeds from the dates and apples.
- Add all the cut fruits in a blender and blend into a smooth mixture.
- Add the yogurt or water if required in the blender and spin till everything is blended well.
- Serve in a glass or a bowl topped with chopped dry fruits along with fresh slices of fruits. Refrigerate for sometime if you want to serve it chilled.