Foodiestreasure wishes you all a Happy 71st Republic Day with this tricolour platter of healthy green khichdi, salad and raaita. The green khichdi is the usual Bengali moong daal khichdi mixed with boiled and blended green peas, spinach and fenugreek leaves with pieces of boiled broccoli served with white raaita of plain yoghurt & grated coconut seasoned with roasted jeera and saffron coloured salad of grated carrot and pureed tomato seasoned with spices.
Had this tricoloured, simple and healthy meal for lunch and felt patriotic☺😊…..Jai Hind Jai Bharat ! 🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳 .
For the green khichdi, you may jot down the recipe below :
- Rice – 1 cup
- Lentils Moong Daal -1 & 1/2 cup
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Green chillies – 3-4
- Green peas (boiled ) – 1/2 cup
- Spinach (chopped) – 1 cup
- Fenugreek leaves (chopped) – 1 cup
- Oil – 1-2 tsp
- Dry red chillies – 1 or 2
- Bay leaves -1-2
- Paanch Phoron ( cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds, kalonji/black cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds) – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder -1/2 tsp
- Salt – as required.
- Wash your rice and lentils.
- Heat oil in a pan. Saute your rice and lentils together for a while and keep them aside.
- Now in a blender, blend your boiled green peas, spinach and fenugreek leaves into a smooth green paste.
- Pressure cook your sauteed rice and lentil mixture along with green paste, ginger paste, green chillies, salt and pieces of broccoli for two whistles. Add turmeric and some boiled green peas to the mixture, mix and cook for sometime.
- For tempering, heat oil in a pan and add dried red chillies, bay leaves, paanch phoron and ginger paste, add it to your boiled mixture, stir everything well to mix and close the lid.
- Your khichdi is ready to be served.