Hello everyone ! 😊😊
We are back after a long gap, with this simple delight packed with nutrients. This curry tastes awesome & goes absolutely well with rice, roti or chapati and will make you well pleased. Though the season for broccoli is over now, but for those who love to have broccolis, managing to fetch them from somewhere won’t be a daunting task I guess, as just any vegetables are available off seasons too nowadays. Actually, I have tried this recipe during the lockdown days but couldn’t share it with you all as past couple of months were little hard on us. Now since everything is back on track, I thought why not you also try my style of this sauteed broccoli.
The fact that Broccolis are loaded with antioxidants and minerals, make them one of the sought after vegetables in the health food markets. One of the most amazing properties of Broccoli is that it is one of the top immunity boosters which makes them an essential food in the face of current Coronavirus outbreak, in order to give a tough fight to the Corona and come out victorious. There are a lot many food items that you must be knowing that include herbs, spices, animal products or other veggies which too could strengthen your immune system. So keep trying new recipes with these healthy stuff and keep your family safe. Here is the recipe for you :
- Broccoli (cut into pieces) – 1 whole
- Coconut (grated) – 1/4 cup
- Curry leaves – few
- Fenugreek seeeds – 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Potato (mashed) -1/4 cup
- Salt – to taste.
- Turmeric powder – a pinch or two
- Dry Red chilli – 1
- Tomato (pureed) – 1 small
- Curd – 1tsp.
- Heat oil in a plan, add dry red chilli, fenugreek & mustard seeds, & few of the curry leaves.
- Add mashed potato and stir for a few seconds.
- Add Broccoli pieces and continue stirring.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and stir.
- Add tomato puree & curd, and mix well.
- Add grated coconut and the remaining curry leaves.
- Stir to mix, sprinkle little water and cover, to let it cook completely on a low flame.
- When cooked properly, stir little more to let the water dry completely, (if remaining).
- Turn off the flame and bring down.