Sweets and desserts are part of every celebration in India. Come lets celebrate and relish the flavour of Jackfruit seeds with this Jackfruit Seed Kheer or Payasam.
Try this out and do share your ideas and views with us…..
- Jackfruit seeds ( boiled and mashed) – 1 cup
- Refined flour ( maida) – 2 tsp
- Khoya – 25 to 50 g
- Grated Coconut – 1 & 1/2 to 2 tbsp
- Milk – 750 ml
- Sugar – 2 tbsp or as per your requirement.
- Raisins, Cashew ( finely chopped), Pistachio ( for garnishing ) – as much you like.
- Green Cardamom ( powdered) – 7 to 8
- Rose water – 1 tsp
- Refined oil (for deep frying)
- Vermicelli ( optional )
- Chhena / cottage cheese (optional) – 2 tsp
- Mash the boiled seeds well so that no lumps are left.
- Add maida, chhena and two teaspoonfuls of grated coconut, mix well to make a smooth dough and keep it aside.
- Now in a pan, heat the khoya with little water just to melt it and stir continuously. Add the remaining grated coconut to it and stir.
- When it comes to a molten but thick consistency, add sugar ( 1-2 tsp) and keep on stirring to melt the sugar completely.
- Add raisins and some amount of the powdered cardamom and keep on stirring till it starts leaving the surface of the pan i.e. comes to a halwa like consistency.
- Add rose water and mix well.
- Put off the flame and keep it aside.
- Take the mashed seeds mixture and divide the mixture into small portions to make small balls. Now, take each ball, flatten it somewhat to make into a cup, fill small portions of the khoya mixture inside & wrap it around with the seeds mixture to make small roundels.
- Dust Vermicelli over the roundels & keep them aside.
- Take oil in a plan & fry the roundels in it when the oil is hot, in a low flame.
- Turn them gently to fry both sides uniformly.
- Put off the flame when the roundels are nice & light-golden brown.
- Drain the oil nicely and spread over a tray with paper towel & keep them aside.
- Now, heat milk in a pan & thicken it somewhat in a low flame.
- Add sugar when the milk gets thickened.
- Add cashew & cardamom powder, and stir.
- Now, add your fried seed dumplings into it and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Do not cook for a longer time, as the dumplings may get broken.
- Put off the flame, garnish with Pistachio and serve.
Jackfruit Seed Carnival: Jackfruit Seeds Sandwich