Gulabjamuns are very popular among the masses in India. Jamuns can be made little more interesting in this variant using flavourful Jackfruit seeds.
- Jackfruit seeds ( mashed ) – 1 cup.
- Chhena ( Cottage cheese ) – 1/2 cup.
- Bread Crumbs – 1 slice.
- Khoya – 1/2 cup.
- Sugar – 5-6 tbsp
- Green Cardamom ( powdered )
- Rose water – 2 tsp
- Refined oil ( For deep frying )
- Boil the Jackfruit seeds and mash them well.
- Add chhena and breadcrumbs to it and mix well using your hands into a smooth dough so that no lumps or granules are remaining.
- Make small balls out of it and keep them aside.
- Preparation of Khoya filling :
a. Take the Khoya in a pan, add little water just to melt it.
b. Let the Khoya mix well in the water in simmering heat.
c. Add 1 teaspoonful of sugar to it , stir and let the mixture thicken by repeated stirring.
d. Mix it well till it becomes semi solid i.e. of a halwa like consistency.
e. Add cardamom powder, mix well, turn off the flame and keep the khoya mixture aside.
5. Preparation of Sugar syrup:
a. Add the required amount of sugar into a pan filled with water and bring the sugar solution to boil.
b. Thicken the solution by stirring continuously in a low flame. When the solution is of right consistency i.e. slightly heavy and somewhat sticky so that it can permeate well inside the jamuns, turn off the flame.
c. Add rose water to it and mix.
6. Now, flatten the previously made balls slightly using your fingers and top it up with small amount of Khoya filling and cover it up properly with mashed mixture to make smooth balls and keep them aside.
7. Heat oil in a pan and deep fry the balls till it turns golden brown.
8. Drain the oil off the balls and drop them immediately in the pan filled with slightly warm sugar syrup and keep there for sometime.
9. Take out your jamuns when they are drenched completely in the syrup and serve immediately or keep for later. Have it within 2 days for a better taste.
Jackfruit Seeds Carnival: Chocolaty Nutty Mini Rolls