Most of us who are having a sweet tooth has a penchant for either chocolates or sweets or just any of them and so, here is one more option for your chocolatyyy cravings. I hope you will like it.
1. Jackfruit seeds boiled and mashed – 1/2 cup
2. Semolina (Suji / Rava) – 2 tsp
3. Freshly grated coconut – 3 tbsp.
4. Milk Chocolate ( Cadbury’s Diary Milk ) – 25 g ( appox. )
5. Nuts – Cashew, Almonds, Pistachio – ( cut into small pieces )
6. Raisins – a spoonful.
7. Refined oil – 1 to 1& 1/2 tsp.
8. Sugar – 1 tsp.
9. Khoya – optional.
Preparation : –
1. Melt chocolate in a pan on a low flame.
2. Add 1 tbsp of grated coconut and the nuts and continue to stir. You may also add khoya in this step.
3. Stir the mixture well till it leaves the sides of pan and comes to a dense consistency. Switch off the flame and keep it aside.
4. Heat oil in a pan, add Semolina and fry a little till it becomes slightly brownish. Add little water and mix well to form a dense paste and continue stirring on a low flame.
5. Now, add mashed jackfruit seeds and the remaining amount of grated coconut,mix well and continue to stir.
6. Add sugar to the mixture and stir for another 2-3 minutes till the sugar blends completely with the mixture and leaves the sides of pan.
7. Remove from the flame and divide the mixture into small portions to make small roundels. Flatten each roundel using your palms and fingers to a small flat disc.
8. Now, take small amount of the chocolate mixture and place it over the small disc near the edge and roll it from there to make small bite-sized rolls.
(Note: Try to finish steps 7 & 8 as fast as you can so that the mixture remains warm while rolling, otherwise it may crumble and break while doing ).
9. Repeat step 7 and 8 for making end number of rolls you want.
With this post, the “Jackfruit Seeds Carnival” comes to an end here for now. Hope we can come up with even more innovations with Jackfruit Seeds in the forthcoming seasons. We welcome your views and comments on the dishes posted. You may also share your own recipes with jackfruit seeds here. Now, since festivities are on, I wish you all a very very Happy Navratri, Durga Puja and Dussehra. May you have loads of fun with delightful food, extraordinary dishes and marvellous recipes of your own.
One Comment Add yours