Wish you all a Merry Christmas ! 🎄🎄☃️⛄🌟⭐
Christmas is in and so is baking.. So let us not waste even a single minute talking here and there and involve ourselves straightaway with this act of making merriment with baking.
So, for all those who want to have fun baking something special and then enjoy savouring those fresh and hot baked goodies in this chilling weather, here comes a eggless healthy recipe of cookies for you.
Even better, these cookies do not have any butter, have jaggery in place of refined sugar and whole wheat instead of all purpose flour or maida. So guys , why not give it a try & pamper your kids with some healthy chocolate surprise . Here goes the recipe for you 👇
A) For cookie dough :-
- Whole wheat (atta) – 2 cups
- Custard powder – 3 tsp.
- Baking powder – 3/4th tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/4th tsp.
- Oil (refined oil) -1/2 cup
- Jaggery (grated) – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Curd/ Hung curd – 2 tsp.
- Milk cream (malai)– 2 tsp.
- Cashew & almond (chopped) – A handful
B) For choco filling :–
Any milk chocolate or dark chocolate & milk – Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate bar (45- 50 gms approximately) .
- In a bowl grate the jaggery to crush it.
- Add oil and mix with the jaggery till the jaggery melts completely.
- Add milk cream and mix.
- Add curd in batches while mixing the oil & the jaggery.
- Add vanilla essence, chopped cashews and almonds and mix them nicely to form a slightly fluffy mix. Keep it aside.
- In another bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients along with the flour ( flour + custard powder + baking powder + baking soda).
- Add the sieved flour mix to the bowl containing jaggery mix.
- Mix everything together to make a dough.
- Wrap the dough in a clingwrap and refrigerate for one to one and a half hours.
- For preparing the chocofill, melt chocolate in a bowl with little milk.
- Cool & refrigerate for 15 to 20 minutes to make it dense enough that can be rolled into tiny roundels.
- Take out the dough at due time and roll it into a sheet of about 3-4 mm thickness.
- Cut out small roundels or any shape of your choice using a cookie cutter or any other cutter.
- Place a chocolate roundel over one roundel and place another roundel of dough over it to cover the chocolate below.
- Seal the edges of the two dough roundels together by keeping the chocolate ball inside.
- Shape it nicely and place over a greased tray or pan.
- If you are using a pressure cooker or a pan with a covered lid, put a stand or wire inside for keeping the baking tray over it in order to avoid burning from the bottom. ( Note : You may also fill salt or sand inside the cooker in the bottom for better results).
- Preheat your pressure cooker after removing the gasket and whistle, for 5 to 10 minutes on medium flame.
- Place the greased tray with cookies inside the cooker and cover. Bake for 25-30 minutes over a low flame. ( Note: You can open the lid in between and check to avoid overheating or burning of the cookies.
- Take out your baked cookies and let it cool uncovered.
- Your crispy choco fills cookies are now ready to munch on.
Have fun !! Merry Christmas !