Hope you had a fabulous Diwali….🙂
On the occasion of these auspicious five days of Deepawali festivities beginning with Dhanteras and culminating with Bhai Dooj , I am sharing this recipe of Dalia lentil barfi with you all , which you may try for your sweet celebrations. Hope you are really going to like it. This recipe is actually a result of an attempt for trying something that can compensate for the craving of the usual khoya or chhena in sweets which are a must have during any kind of celebrations in our home especially for the forthcoming Bhai Dooj, as my brother is really fond of khoya & milk sweets. However he is now on a no dairy diet, so satisfying his craving for sweets becomes a real challenge. But my aunt’s recipe for this Dalia-lentil barfi has all the components that can please him and I am sure he will just keep gorging on them….😀😀
Check out the recipe 👇
Dalia/Bulgur (boiled) – 3 tbsp
Chana Daal/Chickpea lentils (boiled) – 1 tbsp
Masoor Daal / split red lentils (boiled)- 1 tbsp
Sugar – 2 & 1/2 tbsp. or according to taste
Oil ( any neutral oil) – 1 or 2 tsp
Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
Almonds & pistachio (chopped) – For garnishing
- Boil Daliya & masoor dal together & chickpea lentil separately.
- Take oil in a pan, saute boiled Dalia & lentils together for sometime over low or medium flame till a nice aroma starts coming out.
- Switch off the flame & take it down and let it cool.
- Blend the mixture to make it smooth.
- In a pan, melt sugar with little water, over a low flame by stirring in continuously till the sugar syrup becomes thicker.
- Add the blended mixture into the syrup & mix well by stirring in the mixture.
- Stir the mixture until it leaves the sides of your pan.
- Add cardamom powder & mix well.
- Remove it from the flame & spread it over a tray or dish for cutting out your barfis.
- Garnish with chopped almonds & pistachio.
10. Cut into squares or barfis and they are absolutely ready to be served.